Who Can We Help?
You probably already know that every business needs insurance, and short-haul trucking companies are no exception. Whatever level your trucking company is at, we have a short-haul trucking company insurance plan that can help you.
As a short-haul trucking company, you probably stay within a 150-mile radius and hire local drivers who want to be home each night. This is a great business model but comes with its own risks.
Why Do You Need Trucking Insurance?
FMCSA regulations are in place to protect drivers and make sure they avoid unnecessary risks on the road. Your compliance with these rules plays a big role in your short-haul trucking company insurance rates. Commercial trucking insurance is mandatory in all 50 states and failure to comply can cost you a lot in fines.
Types of Coverage
- Reefer Breakdown – protection for refrigerated trailer units breaking down. This protects you from loss of cargo.
- Liability – all states require liability insurance. This covers you in an accident. First of all, it covers bodily injury, provide financial support for medical expenses, and property damage. It will also cover your defense if you get into a lawsuit from the accident.
- Medical Payments – covers hospital bills resulting from an accident.
- Physical Damage – covers damage to your tractor/trailer from vandalism, theft or severe weather, as well as collision damage caused by an accident.
- Underinsured or Uninsured Motorist – covers your truck/trailer damage as well as injuries if you are in an accident with someone who has no insurance or insufficient insurance.
How Do You Get Started?
First, contact us for a consultation. We’ll find out what we need to know about your business. Next, we’ll do our homework and find out which carriers offer the kind of insurance you need. Because we are independent, we can work with many different insurance providers and get you the right insurance for your company. Finally, we’ll contact you to discuss your options.
We are just a phone call away. Penner & Fink Insurance takes pride in our personal relationships with our clients. We often find insurance solutions that other companies can’t offer. Contact us today.